We all do it.
The good news is that we have the power to change history for ourselves.
What we do after we let ourselves down determines whether we use the experience to move us forward or get us even more stuck in old patterning.
As we break the old patterning we will be able to see ourselves WANTING to fall back to old patterning by seeing ourselves WANTING to let ourselves down. As we break this patterning though and start to feel the incredible feeling of NOT letting ourselves down we are able to stop ourselves before we seek immediate pleasure at our own expense.
I’m curious, what is your favorite way to let yourself down?
- Over: eat – drink – spend – sleep, under sleep
- Don’t complete goals, possibly never even start them, just think about some day….
- Sustain an unfulfilling life
- Don’t speak up for yourself
- Don’t take time to understand what you’re feeling or what you want out of life
- Allow yourself to stay stuck in relationships that don’t seem to be working for you (this is something you have full power over, without even involving the other person)
- You don’t believe you deserve a better life
- You aren’t growing
- You self criticize
- You don’t peel off that outer facade and start designing the life you were created to live
I’d like you to pause for a moment and ask yourself why you are letting yourself down? Why are you allowing this to happen in your life?
Let me offer a few reasons why we let ourselves down:
- We want to seek immediate pleasure even though it doesn’t last and often let’s us down
- We don’t want to endure the immediate discomfort of not indulging
- We haven’t figured out how to manage our time, project/goal plan
- We’ve created a patterning of not trusting ourselves
- We lack the self confidence to do the things we are afraid of doing
- We are people pleasing instead of self pleasing
- Our relationship with ourself is weak
- Habit: we’ve developed brain patterning that keeps us doing what it is we’ve always done, even when it hurts us in the long run, we don’t know how to change
While I have been thinking about this whole phenomenon of letting ourselves down I started to notice how we act when we let ourselves down:
- make excuses
- beat ourselves up
- ignore, pretend it didn’t happen, avoid
- learn from the experience
This last option is the option I want to help you to start choosing. This is going to be the option that will allow you to grow, move forward and start changing years of patterning. The other choices, well, they just keep you stuck and actually, falling deeper into the patterning you’ve created for yourself.
Here are my four suggestions to get you started in moving you forward and starting the process of standing up for yourself:
Start paying attention to what you’re thinking and how it’s making you feel.
Start being on to yourself and noticing when you do let yourself down. It’s all going to start by looking back at when you do let yourself down. Notice it first, then when you start noticing you can write down some things: what were you thinking before you let yourself down, how did those thoughts feel, that feeling is what drove you to the action of letting yourself down, doing what it is you didn’t want to do resulting in you letting yourself down.
Once you start breaking it down after the fact you will notice that your brain will start becoming aware before you let yourself down, your conditioning will still have you doing what you’ve always done, that’s ok, repeat the writing process above.
Eventually you will start catching on to yourself.
This is when you can start questioning what you’re doing before you even do it. You can dig into why you’re doing what you’re doing, it’s always because of a feeling that comes from a thought. Here is when you can start actually noticing what happens when you resist that emotion, which is what we’ve been trained to do in our past, hence why most diets and goals end up failing. Resistance leads to giving in, and usually giving in HARD. This is where you will want to learn how to allow the emotion, how to sit there and be uncomfortable with the urge to let yourself down.
This is where you learn how to stop reacting to emotions by becoming aware of them and just watching them pass by.
Create a goal
Yes, one goal, but this is just the start. Many of us think up some pretty amazing goals, yet we have no idea how to plan and create success with those goals, we’re over ambitious and plan a long list of goals all at one time, a perfect set up for failure.
It starts with picking one goal and then creating an obstacle list. What are all of the things you’re going to run into that will keep you from reaching that goal. Write them down.
Then you will come up with a list of strategies for your obstacles, you will schedule all of these strategies on your calendar. If the strategy is lengthy then break it down into bite size chunks.
Lastly, you will need to go back up to the awareness section because every time one of those strategies comes up on your calendar, guess what?
You’e going to want to let yourself down.
Ask great questions
Your brain will search for answers to the questions you ask it, so ask questions that move you forward, not questions that keep you stuck.
- Why am I such a failure?
- Why can’t I do what I say I’m going to do?
- Why am I so weak?
Instead ask great questions:
- In what ways am I strong and powerful?
- How can I succeed at this next task?
- How can I start doing what I say I’m going to do?
Start practicing these new thoughts
Once you start asking good questions you’re going to have some good thoughts to think. Start practicing these thoughts, but make sure they are believable because practicing thoughts that you don’t believe won’t get you anywhere except right back to letting yourself down.
My Awaken(YourTrue)You program teaches incredibly powerful women like yourself how to identify and live out your truth. How to believe in your success and boldly share it with the world. How to leave a legacy.
I offer a free call to anyone brave enough to take the steps of creating the life they were meant to live. It’s a call for you to decide if this work is for you or not. I believe it is.
Share this message with a friend who needs to hear it, for every woman willing to do the work of becoming her best self there will be thousands of others impacted by her journey.
This is my life, join me in my mission to save the world, one powerful woman at a time.